Monday, July 30, 2007

Singapore-KL Via JB on 18th July 2007

JB Sentral
It was really hectic there in JB sentral. I'm pretty sure for those who arrive from western country will somehow feel a bit intimidate with the surrounding, since touts were like everywhere, and they were try their best to lure you in their bus. But not for me. It's not really different situation with local bus station in Bandung, so i just don't bother. 

The first thing,  i did go straight to the transnational bus window, how ever, there's no schedule that i want and i don't want to wait there for 3 hours. So i decide to see if the bus tout next to me got a better time. I said i wanna see the bus first. So he took me to a bus, "Delima" and i said it's not bad. I pay around 15rm if i'm not mistaken. So i secure my self in single chair.

When I was in the bus waiting for the bus to be full,  then suddenly, some random guy, probably the kernet or whatever talking to me In Malay that I couldn't really understand, but I got an idea that he wanted me to move, and i said "no" this is my dedicated seat, and he went angry and say stuff that i couldn't get it what his mean, but i keep insisted too, and i say in form tone that i don't want to move. No body there to help  me, so i gotta help my self. When i thought the situation was gonna escalated into something fishier, i pray to Allah to keep me safe, and the next thing i know, that jerk got off, and i said "alhamdullilah' and swept my sweat. Well, the risk of solo female traveller. But i'm the type that not easy to budge!

Arrived at Puduraya
After 6 hours drive,the bus finally arrived at Puduraya station, right in the center of KL.  We’re not stop inside the bus station, but really at the main road. This is really something that only Asian country will do,  the situation is pretty much the same too in Indonesia.So i'm surprise that i'm not surprise. LOL.

When I got off, somebody calling me, not by name of course. Apparently, it was the guy who also ride the same bus with me. I saw him sat back there with his guitar. He's name is Q, his a korean traveller who just quit from yahoo korea, and decide to RTW. The latter i just found out after we have some talks hours later though. He told me that he saw what happened earlier at the bus station, and he said he was about to jump in but saw that i could seem to take care my self, LOL. He asked me where am i going to, since he's not make any booking yet, so i asked him why don't he just join me to my hostel to see if they have any available bed there. He's agreed.  I use my instinct a lot, and i don't feel any threat at all. It's also nice too have a travel buddy. 

The Travellers Home aka not-so-good-at-all-hostel 
 I got my booking through hostelworld at TheTravellers Home  hostel, 23/25 2nd Floor, Jalan Tun Tan Siew Sin, Kuala Lumpur. The rating is quite good, and the picture also is rather adequate to my need. As i opt for a better value hotel, not really looking for a fancy one, as i only need some place to crash. I booked my self a 1 Bed, Private Room (Shared Bathroom) for 25 MYR, paid a deposit 2,76 dolar,  and paid by arrival, the rest of 22 MYR.  I have a printed copy of my booking with me, completed with the direction to head to the hostel:

“ Out of PUDURAYA BUS STATION head towards CHINATOWN look for KOTA RAYA SHOPPING MALL you will reach the cross road look on your right and you'll see Starbucks Cafe and MCdonals that’s  JALAN SILANG(renamed JALAN TUN TAN SIEW SIN) walk down along the street you'll see MYDIN in your right then keep heading towards 7-ELEVEN keep left you'll see CHARIS RESTAURANT which is before 7-ELEVEN TRAVELLERS HOME is just above the RESTAURANT CHARIS.*It takes you 5 minutes walk to the hostel*”

It was  already dark, hectic and we tired. Next thing we know, we got lost!Since there's like SEVEN ELEVEN every block, how could we know which Sevel  close enough to the travellers home. Finally found a payphone, try to called them, but since we don’t know which number exactly is the Local number, all we have is a complete number  with the country code plus area code, we just guessing which one is the local number. Untill some aunty who waiting for her stall help us out to tell which one is the correct number, nd we could get thru to call the hostel. Fpiuuh.

Then the guy on the phone tells us to go round the building we're at, and the hostel is right at the back of the building. So when we try walking, I'm so gladddddd that I have Q to accompany me. Coz the alley has a dim light although it was being in the city center, and after 10 minutes walk, we arrive at this old building. A little shabby, a bit far from what i imagine. So we get to use the stairs and arrive at the so called lobby. The guy in the reception is an Indian, he's pretty nice but i couldn't say the same thing for the hostel itself. I feel trapped, because the picture display in the hostelworld is rather different, so i had a high hope. but well, what can i do. We also reserve 1 dorm bed for Q, he got a bed in a  triple dorm for 12rm. 
the room i had for 25myr

But there's one thing really hit me through while we were waiting for our room. There's a local couples , I guess, got out from the room, and handed the key. They look like they finish shower, and the reception guys seems like to give them a winking code for "know' it something. I feel unease, do they let a local to use their rooms for "hours activity"? ewww, if I were correct, that disgusting. And when we're finally out from there to search for dinner, i told Q what I’ve been  noticed, and he noticed too!So while we're having noodle up for dinner in front if sevel, we decided to find another decent hostel for tomorrow, so we crashed into an internet cafe around Petalling street. And after read thoroughly all available hostel for tomorrow, we compare the price and also the rating and the review, we finally got our self a dorm in Hostel Cosmopolitan. Crossed our finger, hope the hostel is live up its rating!















0 comments: